Grammy nominees for Contemporary Classical.
The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) yesterday announced the nominees for the 64th annual Grammy Awards, which will be presented on Monday 31 January 2022.
In the category of Best Contemporary Classical Composition, the award goes to the composer and pieces composed within the last 25 years, but recorded for the first time in the nomination period, are eligible. The nominees in this category are:
• Akiho: Seven Pillars — Composer: Andy Akiho (Sandbox Percussion)
• Andriessen: The Only One — Composer: Louis Andriessen (Esa-Pekka Salonen, Nora Fischer & Los Angeles Philharmonic)
• Archetypes — Composers: Clarice and Sérgio Assad, with pieces by Sean Connors, Robert Dillon, Peter Martin and David Skidmore (Sérgio Assad, Clarice Assad & Third Coast Percussion)
• Movement 11′ — Composer: Jon Batiste (Jon Batiste)
• Shaw: Narrow Sea — Composer: Caroline Shaw (Dawn Upshaw, Gilbert Kalish and Sō Percussion)
Courtesy of the Recording Academy® / Getty Images © 2020